Wednesday, July 30, 2008

matcha zebra cake


I saw zebra cake at somewhere. it was chocolate & vanilla swill .
it looked beautiful!
I wanted try to make it. but I had no cocoa or anything chocolate stuff to use for baking.
so, I decided to use matcha powder instead of cocoa.
every time when I use matcha powder for baking,ended up too much matcha flavor.
( I guess I just using too much of it ).
any way. recipe uses 2tbs of dark cocoa powder.
so I used just 1 tbs of matcha powder.

result ?
cake was very moist & delicious.
sweet enough,you could drop some cream maybe.

but it needed bit more matcha flavor.it was bit too mild.

but this look of cake is so pretty. no chemical green color,it's natural.
I liked a lot. but next time I would add 2tbs of matcha.
and I would like to try to make chocolate version.

No comments: